Do you have the same struggle with breakfast as I do? Well meet the scramble that will save the day, and it happens to be vegan! The “eggs” are crumbled up tofu mixed with a healthy dash of turmeric (which has awesome health benefits). Don’t they look amazing!
This recipe is also great for Meal Prepping. You can wrap it in a burrito:
Or in Meal Prep containers to enjoy during the week:
Either way you have to try this recipe!
Vegan Breakfast Scramble
This Vegan Breakfast Scramble is perfect for Meal Prepping!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (sub | garlic powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1 package (12oz) extra firm tofu, pressed dry with a paper towel
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Tablespoon pine nuts, optional
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
Flour tortillas for burritos
- Microwave the diced potatoes for 4 minutes in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high, and pour in 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Add the steamed potatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic salt (or garlic powder), salt, and pepper. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the vegetables cook, crumble the tofu with your fingers into a separate hot skillet with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, black pepper, salt, turmeric, pine nuts (optional), and red pepper flakes (optional). Heat through for about 4-5 minutes.
- Back to the vegetables! Once the mushroom and potatoes are soft, and the onions are translucent (takes about 8-10 minutes), turn the heat off and add the bag of spinach. Stir the spinach into the vegetables until it has wilted.
- Now to assemble the burritos! Lay a large flour tortilla down, then pour on about 1 cup of the vegetable mixture, and 1/3 cup of the “egg” mixture. Roll up and enjoy!
- To freeze wrap each burrito individually in plastic wrap. Place the wrapped burritos in a gallon size plastic re-seal-able bag. Freeze for up to 4 months.
- To warm up frozen burrito microwave for 2-3 minutes. I like to crisp the tortilla by heating a skillet over medium high. Toast each side for about 3-4 minutes until golden (a Panini press works great too!) .
Nutritional Information does not include the pine nuts.